CryptoTrader.Tax makes importing mining income, staking income, interest income, gifts, and other crypto income easy using our Incoming Transactions CSV Template. These transactions are treated differently than crypto trades for tax purposes.
(We recommend using Google Sheets to fill out this template. Excel will often format timestamps incorrectly)
Make a copy of the The Incoming Transactions CSV Template.
Fill out the CSV file using Google Sheets (all fields are required)
- Coin: The ticker symbol for the cryptocurrency received
- Amount: The quantity of crypto received
- Type: The transaction type. Can be either: Income, Mining, Gift, Airdrop, Interest, Staking, Hard Fork
- Timestamp: The UTC timestamp of the transaction (VERY IMPORTANT to ensure your dates are in UTC)
- Make sure to convert the local time to UTC.
- This should be in the format of: mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss
Upload your completed file into the Incoming Transactions section.
You can also add your Incoming Transactions directly into the app by clicking Add Transaction. After you enter the data make sure to click the Save icon on the right side.
*If you have not received any crypto income, skip this step.