Scenario: Your net gain/loss number does not look accurate.
99% of the time, this is a result of incomplete or inaccurate user data.
Remember, the software is crunching-numbers based on the data that you provided. If you provide incomplete data, it will spit out "inaccurate" numbers. We need ALL of your crypto data to create an accurate tax profile.
Here are the most common issues we come across when trouble shooting net gains that seem too high:
- You did not include all of your trading history from ALL years of trading. This caused 'Warning Trades' in your report.
- You have 'Warning Trades' in your report.
- You did not include the data from every exchange that you used. If you used an exchange that we don't natively support, you should upload those trades using our Generic CSV template.
- You formatted the data incorrectly when uploading data via the Generic CSV template. Dates need to be in UTC.
- You are still holding your crypto and never "realized" any of your losses.
Using the reconciliation tab on your report can also help you identify how much your warning trades are effecting your net gains.