Downloading From CTT
You can upload your trading information that CryptoTrader.Tax creates into the desktop version of TurboTax so that you can complete your entire tax return.
- Simply export the Tax Exchange Format under the Downloads popup.
Uploading Into TurboTax Desktop
- Go to "File" > "Import" > "From Accounting Software".
- Select "Other Financial Software (TXF file)", then click "Continue".
- Select "Browse Files" and browse to the file you downloaded from CryptoTrader.Tax.
- Then click "Import Now".
- The file will appear as a 1099. Click "Import Now".
Important Note: The report generated by CryptoTrader.Tax is aggregated across multiple cryptocurrency exchanges so the Financial Institution name is not set. This is expected and you may continue forward by clicking Done.
- The 'Import Summary' will show the file you uploaded. Select "Done". You can then continue through TurboTax for the rest of your tax return.