First of all, welcome back!
CryptoTrader.Tax makes it easy to pickup right where you left off to generate your new tax reports. All of your transactions from prior years are stored safely within your account. To generate your reports for this year, you only need to import your new data!
To do this, just follow the steps below!
Returning User Flow:
1. Log back into CryptoTrader.Tax
Upon login, you will be taken directly into step 2 of the app "Import Trades" where you will see the above returning user message.
2. Turn on the "Only Import 2019 Data" switch
To avoid importing duplicate transactions, make sure the "Only Import 2019 Data" switch is turned on. This switch is important if you are using the CSV file import method. When importing a CSV trade history file with this switch on, CryptoTrader.Tax will make sure that you aren't importing duplicate trade records from previously imported years.
Note 1 - If you are importing data from an exchange that you have not previously imported from, you will not see this switch appear. CryptoTrader.Tax needs all of the data from a new exchange, regardless of years.
Note 2 - If you are importing data via connecting with API, you do not have to worry about this switch. The import will work properly whether the switch is on or off.
3. Import your new 2019 transaction data into the app
Import your new transactions for the year that have not already been imported into your account.
Import your new data in 1 of 2 ways:
- Export the trade history CSV file from your exchange and drop it into CryptoTrader.Tax (make sure the "Only Import 2019 Data" switch is on)
- Click the import trades button if you have already connected your account via API
4. Select any new exchanges or platforms you began using on Step 1
If you began trading or using any new crypto platforms since the last time you used CryptoTrader.Tax, you should add those on Step 1.
Follow the same import data flow on step 2 and 3 for each of these new platforms.
Note - If a platform you use isn't available to select on Step 1, you can import data using the Generic CSV file format.
5. Run your tax reports for the year
Once all of your new data is in, you are good to run and pay for your tax report for the new year!