The "Generic Exchange" template allows you to import trades from any cryptocurrency exchange not directly supported by our trade import tool. Follow these steps to get the rest of your trades imported.
*Please use Google Sheets to fill out this template. Excel will often format timestamps incorrectly which leads to errors*
Make a copy of the Generic Exchange Trade Import Template
Fill out this template with each trade you would like to import (all columns are required and case sensitive)
Timestamp (UTC) - The UTC timestamp of your trade (VERY IMPORTANT to ensure your dates are in UTC!!)
- Make sure to convert your exchange's local time to UTC.
- This should be in the format of: mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss
- Exchange - The exchange name of your trade
BUY/SELL - The type of trade (can be either "BUY" or "SELL")
- Not critical to calculation accuracy.
Coin Traded/Given - The symbol of the coin/currency "traded away"
- Given a trade with product, "BTC-USD" (BASE-QUOTE)
- For BUY trades, this will be the "QUOTE currency" (USD).
- For SELL trades, this will be the "BASE currency" (BTC).
Amount Traded/Given - The amount of currency that was traded away
- Include fees in this number.
Coin Received - The symbol of the coin/currency "received" for this trade
- Given a trade with product, BTC-USD (BASE-QUOTE)
- For BUY trades, this will be the "BASE currency" (BTC).
- For SELL trades, this will be the "QUOTE currency" (USD).
Amount Received - The amount of currency that was received (including fees)
Save this template as a CSV file:
Upload it to the "Manual Exchange" tab inside of CryptoTrader.Tax